Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seoul, day 1

Once again, I don't have much time to post: it's 8:30AM here, and this appartment is going crazy. The guy I am living with is moving to another appartment in the same building complex (yes, I knew it beforehand: I had the chance to live in both the new and the old one), and he's packing everything with his mother in a hurry. They won't even let me help: I just had to made sure all my stuff was packed, the things I did unpack put inside a big green box... and I'll leave at 9!

The rest of the trip went great: I slept a bit on my way to Seoul and then, after the last meal, I somehow decided to talk to a guy who was sitting almost next to me. Yes, he was Spanish. Yes, he was going to Seoul. Yes, he was coming as an student, although not to Hankuk. However, I then met another guy from Málaga who will indeed be at Hankuk, and with whom I'll meet again today. I also had the chance to meet 2 students from Seoul University who came to pick the guy from Malaga up: nice people, they also helped me make sure I took the right bus... You know, I think I will have a good time here: Koreans are so helpful, so willing to make you feel at home that even those very first moments, where you don't really know where you are, are easy and smooth.

Well, the people in charge of the moving have just arrived! I have 20 minutes until they take my stuff out of here! I will then just go to Hankuk: I will take it easy, have breakfast there at the Starbucks and then meet a fellow student who will show me around the campus. Then it's a 2PM welcome meeting for foreign students and, to cap the day, a 4:30PM meeting with 2 professors who'll be "tutoring" me and the rest of students in my exchange program.

Keep you posted! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment