Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Live from Dubai

Hello everyone!

Just a short post to let you all know that I am already on my way to Seoul: a short night stopover at Dubai, enjoying a butter croissant filled with mushrooms and cheese... and then it's the last flight to Seoul, with a brand new A380!

The flight from Madrid was pleasant enough: we were offered a nice meal, I had an empty seat next to mine... so I had plenty of free room to sleep and read comfortably. By the way, I became quite surprised at discovering there are so many interesting places I want to visit around the country: historical sites, natural parks, volcanic and isolated islands... Will I have the time to go everywhere I want to?

Oh, by the way: the first leg of my long journey was also good enough: taking the AVE to Madrid is a real pleasure. Just 2 1/2 hours, sitting there comfortably, even sleeping... and you wake up in Madrid!

I also had the chance to enjoy one last "typical Spanish breakfast" with very good company before departing, at an old-fashioned Madrid cafeteria. I don't think I'll find the same places in Korea, although one of the things I am really looking forward to is tasty Korean food!

Excited, nervous, intrigued... as usual, my mind goes over and over everything. Let's see what awaits me tomorrow, when I'll land in Seoul. Next post, already from East Asia!

No comments:

Post a Comment